Wednesday, August 03, 2005

"I would Welcome the opportunity to Debate with Nicholson and Allister" - Bairbre de Brun

A press release from SF reports that SF MEP Bairbre de Brun said: "Sinn Féin would welcome moves by the Irish Government to secure the rights of Six County political representatives to participate in the Dáil. Sinn Féin has consistently raised the question of participation of northern representatives to the Dáil and we would welcome any move by the Irish government to give effect to these commitments. I would welcome the opportunity to debate with both Jim Nicholson MEP and Jim Allister MEP on local, national and international issues in the Dáil. Partition has failed both the nationalist and unionist communities. I would call upon unionists political representatives to think outside the box and embrace the dynamics of all-Ireland politics. I look forward to the day when I can address other political representatives from north and south in the Dáil."